Savannah Commercial DUI Lawyers
Defending You and Protecting Your Career
During your daily commute, you likely see a variety of vehicles crowding the Savannah roadways. Though they all travel the same roads, certain cars require special licenses. In Georgia, commercial driver’s licenses are issued to those driving commercial vehicles that transport passengers or property. Commercial vehicles in Georgia usually satisfy at least one of the following descriptors:
- Weigh above 26,001 pounds
- Are designed to transport the driver and 15 or more passengers
- Are used to transport hazardous materials
Georgia’s Commercial DUI Laws
Drivers of these vehicles must have a CDL, or commercial driver’s license. By operating a vehicle with this license, drivers are held to stricter safety standards. To be charged with a DUI, most drivers must have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08%. For commercial drivers, however, the limit is .04%. Once charged with a DUI, it’s important to contact an attorney from The Lerch Law Firm to handle your case, especially commercial drivers who could stand to lose their jobs and livelihoods upon conviction.
The Lerch Law Firm attorneys can assist Savannah’s commercial drivers with their DUI charges. Call us today for a free case review: (912) 417-5008.
What are the Penalties for a Commercial DUI Conviction?
CDL drivers who are charged and convicted with a DUI face harsh penalties under Georgia law. If you convicted for a first DUI offense, you can expect to endure:
- Disqualification of driving commercial vehicles for one year
- Up to one year in county jail
- A fine between $300 and $1,000
- DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program participation, which lasts 20 hours and costs $350
- At least 20 hours of community service
- A clinical evaluation to test for drug or alcohol dependency
- A $210 license reinstatement fee ($200 if requested by mail)
These penalties can become more severe due to certain aspects of your case, such as if anyone was injured or killed. The weight of this situation necessitates prompt legal assistance. It is crucial that you contact our lawyers to review and defend your case immediately.
16 Counts Including Forgery Charges Dismissed
DUI Reduced to Reckless Driving
Illegal Gun Possession Dismissed
State of Georgia v. J.F. Reduced Charges
State of Georgia v. H.S. Charges Dismissed
State of Georgia v. C.W. DUI reduced
State of Georgia v. B.B. Case Dismissed
State of Georgia v. T.J. Charges Dismissed
United States v. E.M. Reduced Sentence