Savannah Drug Crimes Attorneys
Aggressive Defense against Drug Charges
Our team has represented countless clients facing a wide range of drug charges. Regardless of the differences in their situations and the severity of their charges, many of these clients have shared one thing: a fear of the future.
At The Lerch Law Firm, our job is to help you overcome your fear of the future by ensuring you understand your charge, the possible outcomes, and the options you have from a criminal defense standpoint. Our Savannah drug crime defense lawyers have more than a decade of experience and have successfully handled all types of drug cases, from simple possession to trafficking.
High-Quality Drug Defense for All Types of Charges
We have helped clients facing charges relating to a wide variety of drugs, including:
Similarly, as a Savannah drug crime lawyer, we defend clients against a broad range of charges, such as:
- Sale and distribution
Whether you face a relatively minor charge, such as simple possession of marijuana, or a more serious charge, such as heroin trafficking, our team can build a defense strategy to fit your needs.
Answers to Common Questions
Most of our clients share common concerns, such as:
- What is the evidence against me?
- Which penalties do I face?
- How long could I have to serve in jail?
- How could a conviction affect my future?
A large part of our Savannah drug crime lawyers’ job is to alleviate our clients' concerns. We can sit down with you and hear out the details of your arrest. Once we have information about your case, we will tell you, in a straightforward and honest way, our opinion of your circumstances. Once you have had time to weigh your options and consider possible outcomes, we can work together to build a strategy designed to help you reach your legal goals.
Penalties for Drug Possession Crimes in Georgia
- Possession of a Schedule I or Schedule II drug — Having less than one gram (or one ml of a liquid) is punishable by a prison term between one to three years and having up to four grams or ml carries a prison term between one year and eight years
- Non-narcotic Schedule II substances — Having less than two grams or ml of a liquid is punishable by a prison sentence between one year and three years and having up to four grams or ml carries a prison term between one year and eight years
- Possession of Schedule III, IV, or V — Possession of any of these substances is punishable by a prison term between one and three years
- Marijuana possession — Possession of less than one ounce of cannabis is punishable by a jail sentence of up to 12 months and a fine no more than $1,000 and possession of more than one ounce carries a prison term between one year and 10 years.
In order to avoid these serious penalties, The Lerch Law Firm is ready to protect your rights and freedom. Do not wait to get accessible and responsible legal assistance and let us help you get your life back on track.
16 Counts Including Forgery Charges Dismissed
DUI Reduced to Reckless Driving
Illegal Gun Possession Dismissed
Possession with Intent to Distribute Dismissed
State of Georgia v. B.B. Case Dismissed
State of Georgia v. C.G. Case Dismissed
State of Georgia v. C.W. DUI reduced
State of Georgia v. E.C. Case Dismissed
State of Georgia v. H.S. Charges Dismissed
Over a Decade of Criminal Defense Experience
Over a Thousand Cases Successfully Handled
AVVO 9.5 Rating
Accessible & Responsive Representation
Free Initial Case Review